You are here

Prices & Quotes - UK Markets - SSP Group (SSPG)

Risk Warning The value of investments can fall as well as rise and any income from them is not guaranteed and you may get back less than you invested. Past performance is not a guide to future performance.

Share Price:
Down 298.10p
Change Today:
-1.80p
Market Cap:
2,372.09m
Sector:
Food & Drug Retailers

Upper Crust owner SSP completes 475m rights issue

By Sean Farrell

Date: Thursday 22 Apr 2021

LONDON (ShareCast) - (Sharecast News) - SSP has allocated all the shares in its 475m rights issue to strengthen its finances during the extended Covid-19 crisis.
The owner of the Upper Crust baguette chain said it received valid acceptances on Wednesday for new shares worth 98.05% of the total offered. SSP's investment bank underwriters then found a buyer for the remaining 1.95% of the shares at 311.5p per share.

The FTSE 250 group's shares rose 4.5% to 325.60p at 10:00 BST.

SSP, which operates branded food outlets in airports and train stations, has been hammered by travel restrictions imposed to contain the spread of Covid-19, effectively halting commuter travel and holidays. The company last year raised 216m as the economy entered the crisis.

Announcing the rights issue on 17 March, SSP, whose chains also include Ritazza cafes and Camden Food Co, said it needed the money because the effects of the crisis were lasting longer than expected.

Note 1: Prices and trades are provided by Digital Look Corporate Solutions and are delayed by at least 15 minutes.

 

SSP Group Market Data

Currency UK Pounds
Price 298.10p
Change Today -1.80p
52 Week High 346.00p
52 Week Low 147.26p
Volume 2,402,908
Shares Issued 795.74m
Market Cap 2,372.09m

Performance Indicators

Compare performance with the sector and the market.

Key
Vs Market
Vs Sector
Value
Not Available
Price Trend
market
  1. full market star
  2. half market star
  3. empty market
  4. empty market
  5. empty market
sector
  1. full sector star
  2. full sector star
  3. full sector star
  4. empty sector
  5. empty sector
Income
Not Available
Growth
market
  1. full market star
  2. half market star
  3. empty market
  4. empty market
  5. empty market
sector
  1. full sector star
  2. full sector star
  3. empty sector
  4. empty sector
  5. empty sector
Price Chg 6m
market
  1. full market star
  2. full market star
  3. empty market
  4. empty market
  5. empty market
sector
  1. full sector star
  2. full sector star
  3. half sector star
  4. empty sector
  5. empty sector
P/E
Not Available
PEG
Not Available
Dividend Yield
Not Available
EPS Growth
Not Available
Operating Margin
Not Available

What The Brokers Say

Strong Buy 9
Buy 1
Neutral 6
Sell 0
Strong Sell 1
Total 17
buy
Broker recommendations should not be taken as investment advice, and are provided by the authorised brokers listed on this page.

SSP Group Dividends

  Latest Previous
  Final Interim
Ex-Div 05-Mar-20 06-Jun-19
Paid 04-Jun-20 28-Jun-19
Amount 6.00p 5.80p

Trades for 24-Jun-2021

Time Volume / Share Price
16:36 1,552 @ 298.10p
16:35 50,000 @ 298.10p
16:35 1,552 @ 298.10p
16:35 721,398 @ 298.10p
16:29 1 @ 296.90p

SSP Group Key Personnel

CFO Jonathan Davies
CEO Simon Smith
Chair Mike Clasper